Every student and Teacher has access to Microsoft Office 365 here:- Office365
These instructions are for Office 365 PowerPoint for PC. (However all versions of PowerPoint for PC are similar). Instructions for and issues with doing this on the Apple version of Powerpoint and are here.
Voice Narrated PowerPoint can be used for the following:-
- Flipped Learning – threshold concepts, mini lectures
- Introduction to Subject
- Instructions for students for an assignment – the possibilities are endless!
TIP With Voice Narrated PowerPoint for PC, when you record a narration, you run through the presentation and record on each slide. You can pause and resume recording.
Lets Get Started
Have your powerpoint ready to go – have some dot points to help you remember what you are going to say – and the great thing about PowerPoint is you can practice as many times as you like!
1. Select the slide that you want to start your recording on.
3. When you click Record Slide Show the following will appear:-
TIP – If you selected a different slide to begin the recording on, the Record Narration dialog box
Do one of the following:-
To start the narration on the first slide in the presentation, click First Slide.
To start the narration on the currently selected slide, click Current Slide.
4. Once you have chosen the where you are going to start your recording the following will appear
5. Press Start Recording
6. In Slide Show view,speak the narrative text into the microphone and then click the slide to advance to the next slide. Follow this process for each slide that you want to add narration to
TIP – You can make changes to the slide content but not the recording.
7. You can Pause recording at anytime
Tip You can also pause or resume the narration, right-click the slide, and then on the shortcut menu, click either Pause Narration or Resume Narration.
8. When you have finished recording click the exit X and it will ask you the following:-
Click yes if you are happy.
Now to Save as a Movie
9. Go to File – Save and Send – create Video
10. You can now choose how you are going to save your presentation movie
TIP – click Computer & HD displays
Click Drop down arrow next to Don’t Use Recorded Timings and Narrations and click on
Use Recorded Timings and Narrations