Does your site tick the right boxes?
We have posted before about developing a presence in UTSOnline. But along with developing presence in your site with effective moderation, regular interaction and ongoing feedback you can also enhance student engagement by making your site attractive, well organised and easy to navigate.
- Is your subject site attractive or does the colour scheme begin to jar after repeated viewing?
- Is your site well organised with a logical menu structure?
- Do you have a lot of nested folders and pages of document links that require tedious scrolling?
If you think your site architecture could be more engaging for students, read on to find out how!
Did you know?
You can customise many aspects of your site:
- Add a banner to your site entry page
- Change the site entry page
- Change the theme [Remember that the best colour schemes are simple and complementary – try using the ‘Default‘ theme and edit the menu to a desired background colour and contrasting font colour]
- Customise your menu:
- add, edit and re-organise items
- highlight sections with dividers and headings
- focus attention during the semester by changing the entry page at key points for emphasis
- Gather topic or module based content into a Learning Module instead of nesting more and more folders on a content page. [Learning modules provide a compact container for topic based content. You can also enable a table of contents and embed links to assessments, blogs, wikis and web links from within the context of the module.]
Check our short video for some help with changing your style.