IML Learning Technologists
Learning Design & Technology Support for Staff
The IML LX team works in the LX.lab and in the faculties to support the effective use of technology-enhanced learning, in line with the learning.futures framework.
What does a Learning Design & Technology Specialist do?
- Learning Design & Technology Specialists (LDATS) can assist you with pedagogical support, technology enhanced learning, flipped and blended learning strategies and approaches which can include subject and assessment re-designs.
- LDATS offer one-to-one support, and advise on how and why you may want to use a particular technology, tool or function. For example, they may facilitate training on how to create or edit a screencast, or create a video or audio learning resource.
- Each LDATS has one or more specialist areas of expertise. All of the systems supported at UTS are covered such as UTSOnline, SPARK, REVIEW, ePortfolio etc.
- They can run workshops on specific tools and for specific groups on request, including training on all aspects of UTSOnline.
- They also produce self-help resources for UTSOnline Help or Futures.
- LDATS may work alongside IML academic development staff to support academics with introducing or scaling up blended or flipped learning approaches in courses and subjects.
- They also run drop-in hours every weekday between 11-1 in the LX.lab (book to guarantee your place).
Note that LDaTS do not provide technical support for hardware and software covered by ITD such as password reset, browser issues, printing problems or students not importing into UTSOnline. For these types of technical problems lodge a ticket at: https://serviceconnect.uts.edu.au or call x2222.
How do I contact my faculty’s Learning Design & Technology Specialist?
Using Service Connect or our Service Catalogue is the best way of ensuring that your enquiry is dealt with as quickly as possible. At times staff are engaged in activities such as workshops or meeting with other staff, and may not be available to reply to phone calls or emails immediately; using Service Connect or Service Catalogue will ensure someone in the LX Team responds to your request within a reasonable time, even if your faculty assigned person is away. Choose IML/LX.Lab from the drop-down list when you login and provide as much information in your request as you can.