UTSOnline has introduced a new productivity tool for users. The tool is an add-on which allows instructors to perform various tasks efficiently from the main MyUTSOnline page.
Qwickly increases the efficiency of communicating with members of multiple subjects and forums as well as simplifying tasks that need to be done repetitively in each subject an instructor teaches. Qwickly allows you to add documents, post web links, send emails, post announcements and more to multiple UTSOnline subjects and forums in a single module.
Imagine if you could add a document, picture or web link to all subjects you were teaching at once. With Qwickly, that becomes a reality. Say you stumble across an article on the web that is relevant to all of your subjects, instead of having to add the link individually to every subject, you can now add that link to all of your subject at once. Have a document to add to multiple subjects? That’s just as easy. Qwickly takes away the pain of adding documents to your subjects!
Not only can you add content to existing content areas in a course, you can actually create a new content area in a subject as well. And when adding a piece of content to a subject, Qwickly will determine whether or not the content area you are trying to add the item to exists and will automatically create the content area if it does not already exist.
By using Qwickly, the instructors can perform the following actions:
- Make subject sites available / unavailable for the students
- Create Announcements for multiple subject sites at once
- Send emails to multiple subject sites at once
- Upload Content
- Post Weblinks to subject sites
- Create Calendar Events (Like open office hours etc)
- Have an overview of Items which need grading in any subject site
Add Qwickly to your My UTSOnline Tab
- On the My UTSOnline tab, select the add module button in the upper left of the screen, as shown in the image below
- Find the Qwickly module in the list and select the add button
- Now you can navigate back to MyUTSOnline Tab
- Once you are back on the My UTSOnline tab, you can use the Qwickly module
- You can drag and drop the module to a different place on the My UTSOnline page if you like
- You may also remove the module from your My UTSOnline tab at any time by selecting the X in the upper right of the Qwickly module