This guide is for tutors who need to record their students’ marks in UTSOnline. The fastest way to do this is to record your marks in a spreadsheet then import this into the Grade Centre.
- Go to UTSOnline and click on the grey triangle next to Grade Centre.
- This will display all the tutorial groups in your subject. (If you are teaching more than one group, you will need to repeat the following steps for each group.)
- Click on your tutorial group. This will display all the students in that group.
- Click on the Work Offline button at the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Download, leave the settings the way they are and save the file to your computer.
- Open up the file in Excel and save it with a new name.
- Leave the first three columns (Last name, First name, Username) as they are and delete all other columns except the column you want to record marks in. Do NOT change the data in the top row of any columns.
- Transfer marks into the relevant column in the spread sheet.
- (Next you need to save the Excel spreadsheet as a Comma Separated Values ) Select File>Save As…>Format> Comma Separated Values (csv).
- (Next you need to go to UTSOnline and import the csv file). Go to UTSOnline>Grade Centre and click on the arrow to the right of the words Grade Centre.
- Click on the Work Offline button again, don’t change any settings.
- Click Upload and select the csv file.
- The marks will appear in the assignment column in the Grade Centre.