Echo360 Personal Capture (PCAP) is a stand-alone application that runs on either Windows or Mac. PCAP allows you to create content on your computer by capturing a combination of the audio, video, and computer screen and then allowing you to save the capture locally. For subjects taught in the CB05.01.11 or Guthrie Theatre, PCAP will allow you to publish the captured content to the Echo360 Active Learning Platform so that students enrolled in your UTSOnline subject site can view it.
Why should I use Echo360 Personal Capture? *
PCAP gives you the freedom to produce recordings at a time and place that is convenient for you.
- Record an on-screen demonstration of an activity
- Create a presentation for a guest lecturer who cannot attend your allocated lectured time slot
- Create recordings to supplement in-class materials
- For subjects taught in the CB05.01.11 or Guthrie Theatre during a major session, PCAP provides a streamlined way of publishing captured content to the Echo360 Active Learning Platform.
Echo360 is the recommended and supported application for screen-recording on the Windows desktop. QuickTime is the recommended alternative application for recent Apple computers. Quicktime comes pre-installed.
Important: Use of Echo360 PCAP does not give you access to the Echo360 hosting platform or cloud storage (access is currently limited to those staff lecturing in CB05.01.11 or the Guthrie lecture theatre).
Installing Echo360 Personal Capture *
Before requesting the installation of Echo360 PCAP, confirm that your device meets the system requirements:
To request installation of Echo360 PCAP you’ll need to provide the computer name of your PC or Mac.
Please follow the instructions on Staff Connect to find your computer’s name (e.g. IML1234567890).
If you use Windows 7 and prefer video instructions you can watch this video on how to find your computer’s name.
If you have trouble locating your computer’s name please contact the IT Support Centre for assistance.
Once you’ve located your computer’s name, please log a Service Connect request with the IT Support Centre to arrange installation of Echo360 PCAP.
- Echo360 PCAP can only be installed on UTS owned computers due to licence restrictions.
- Once installed the software can be found in the Echo360 folder of your Start menu (Windows) or as a desktop icon (on a Mac).
Below is a quick demonstration video to get you started.
For Windows users:
For Mac users: