UTSOnline supports five primary browsers across Windows and Mac OSX operating systems:
- Internet Explorer
Several versions of these browsers are supported across Windows and Mac OSX Operating Systems (see below for details).
Browser Checker *
Run the browser checker to see whether your web browser and operating system is supported in UTSOnline.
Supported Browsers *
Links to the vendor sites for the web browsers are included in the table below.
|Browser||Supported desktop browser version||Comments|
|Chrome||36+||Google Chrome versions 42+ do not support NPAPI-type plug-ins, including Java plug-ins and many media browser plug-ins. UTSOnline doesn't support these browsers for use with the multiple-file upload interface, or embedded media that require NPAPI plug-ins for viewing.|
|Edge||20+||Microsoft Edge does not support NPAPI-type plug-ins, including Java plug-ins and many media browser plug-ins. UTSOnline doesn't support these browsers for use with the multiple-file upload interface, or embedded media that require NPAPI plug-ins for viewing.|
|Internet Explorer||11+||Windows only|
|Safari||6+||Mac OS only|
- The above web browsers were tested on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, MacOS 10.8, MacOS 10.9, MacOS 10.10, MacOS 10.11, and Chrome OS.
- Although the mobile app versions of the above browsers are not supported at this time, users may have success using them. For details on accessing UTSOnline on a mobile device, refer to the Blackboard Mobile help page.
Other browser plugins *
A handful of features in UTSOnline require additional software to properly function.
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) versions 7 and 8 *
JRE versions 7 and 8 from Oracle are the recommended versions for utilising the Multiple Files Uploads tool.
Note: On Apple Mac OS X, Google’s Chrome browser does not support Java 7 because of incompatibilities between 64-bit Java and 32-bit Chrome. Firefox and Safari browsers do not have this limitation on Mac OS X.
Adobe Flash Player *
May be required to play some media content.
Technologies that are not supported *
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
- Firefox 1.x, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 3.6
- Safari 2, 3, 4, 5 (or any version on Windows)
- Mac OSX through 10.7
- JRE 5 and 6