Portfolios collect and organise pieces of work and artefacts completed over time. They are compilations of work with a general purpose or goal to showcase progress and achievement. You can use the portfolio tools to present information in a cohesive, personalised format. You can create your own portfolios from scratch or use a supplied template to get you started.
Before you begin
Please note: Audio files should not be embedded using the Upload Media tool until further notice (see image below).
Instead, use the File Upload tool (the paperclip icon) to add the audio file as an attachment.
On this page you can find information about
- Locating your portfolio
- Creating and editing new portfolios
- Creating a portfolio from a template
- Embedding videoclips into your ePortfolio
- Sharing your ePortfolio
- Submitting a portfolio assignment
- Avoiding known bugs
To access your portfolio area in UTSOnline you can use the Global Navigation Dashboard or check for a link within a Subject site.
From the Dashboard
From within subject in UTSOnline
- Look for a link to the Portfolio home page within a content area or section of your subject site
- You may find a direct link in the subject menu
Once within the portfolio tool you can create or edit portfolios, upload artifacts, insert items from within your UTSOnline sites and share your work.
Learn to create and edit your portfolio
Creating a portfolio from a template
Learn to create a portfolio from a template
Embed a video to play within your ePortfolio
Learn to Share your Portfolio
Submitting a portfolio assignment
Follow these simple steps:
- Locate the area in your UTSOnline subject site where the Assignment is located and click on the assignment link.
- Click on the Select Portfolio button and browse for your portfolio
- Browse for your required portfolio, select the radio button to the left and then choose Submit
- Check to make sure your portfolio name is shown next to the button labelled Remove Portfolio. This shows that you have successfully uploaded your portfolio. Lastly, you must click the Submit button once more to finally submit your assignment.
- You can be sure your portfolio has been successfully submitted when you see the green confirmation banner and your portfolio is displayed on the sreen.
For a video how to guide view this presentation from Swinburne University.
What You Must Know
To add an audio file, use the File Upload tool (the paperclip icon) to add the audio file as an attachment.