Campus Pack Wikis, Blogs and Journals
- What Are Blogs, Wikis & Journals?
- How do I Use the Blog, Wiki & e-Portfolio in UTSOnline?
- What Happens When a Wiki Page is Locked for Editing?
- How do I share my Personal Learning Space content?
What are Blogs, Wikis & Journals?
How do I Use the Blog, Wiki & Journals in UTSOnline?
Online help manuals are available. A complete online version of the help manual for these applications can be found from that page.
UTSOnline uses Campus Pack Version 4.
What Happens When a Wiki Page is Locked for Editing?
When a wiki page is being edited it is locked for a period of 45 minutes. During that period other users who attempt to edit the page will see a message stating that the page is being edited and by who. When the first person editing saves the page OR when the 45 minutes lock expires, the page will become available to all users again.
If the lock has expired, and another user then opens the page for editing, then
- the new user will have the lock and will save to the original page, for example ‘Home’, and
- if the first person then attempts to save the page they will see a message that the page-lock has expired and that their page has been saved to a new page, with the same name as the original page plus their own name appended in brackets, for example ‘Home(John Smith)’.
How do I share my Personal Learning Space content ?
- Sharing your Personal Learning Space content via method 1: email invitation
- Sharing your Personal Learning Space content via method 2: the Permissions tool
- How to access someone’s content item
- Issues with sharing Personal Learning Space content
Sharing your Personal Learning Space content via an email invitation
In your Personal Learning Space homepage, open the content item you wish to share.
In the content item, click on the Settings menu item located on the upper right side of the page and select Permissions to open the Permissions page of your content item.
In the Permissions page, you will notice three system default tabs called Roles labelled Authors, Owners, and Viewers (see image below). The Roles in the Permissions page defines the level of access someone has to your content item. If you would like someone to view and add comments to your content item, open the Viewers tab. If you would like someone to be able to create, edit, and delete items, open the Authors tab. In this example, we will utilise the Viewers tab.
In the Viewers tab, click on the Invite A Person Via Email button.
Sharing your Personal Learning Space content via Permissions tool
Click on Permissions button within the Settings menu item which is located on upper right hand side of the content item. Viewers access can first be set by selecting the Viewers tab. To add users into the Viewers group, select the desired group or users from Add Viewers filter and click the Add button as per the below screen shot.
How to access someone’s content item ?
Campus Pack content shared with you such as Blogs, Wikis and Journals will be displayed in the ‘Content Shared with Me’ module. This module will be located in Campus Pack Personal Learning Space homepage.
Issues with sharing Personal Learning Space content
There is a possibility of another user not able to view your shared content. These access issues can be resolved by using the below troubleshooting information:
1. The permissions to your Personal Learning Space homepage are configured correctly. A user cannot access the shared content if it has the permissions to your content but not to the Personal Learning Space homepage.
2. As a Owner, make sure the content is accessible to you before it can be accessed by other users.
3. The Time Restrictions in your content item are configured correctly.